Minister of State With Special Responsibility For European Affairs
Lucinda Creighton T.D.
- 1984 – 1998: Completed primary and secondary education in the Convent of Mercy, Claremorris, Co Mayo.
- 1998- 2002: Studied Law in Trinity College Dublin and graduated with an LLB from Trinity in 2002.
- 2003: Qualified as an Attorney at Law for the State of New York
- 2004 – 2005: Attended the Honourable Society of the Kings Inns.
- 2005: Called to the Irish Bar in 2005.
- 2006- 2007: Completed her professional training as a Barrister.
- 2008 – : Masters (LLM) in International Relations, Dublin City University
- 2001: Co-ordinator for the Democratic Party in New York
- 2002: Political advisor in Dáil Éireann
- 2002 – 2003: European Movement, Ireland; Research
- 2003-2004: The Health and Safety Authority; Press Office
- 2004: Health and Safety European Presidency Co-ordinator
- 2004: Elected to represent the Pembroke Ward on Dublin City Council
- 2005: Barrister at Law
- 2007: Elected to Dáil Éireann
- 2011: Minister for European Affairs, Department of an Taoiseach (Prime Minister and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Involvement in European Affairs
- Member of the European People’s Party (EPP) Young Members Network
- Fine Gael Delegate to the European People’s Party (EPP) Parliamentary Network.
- 2002: Selected by the Government to represent Ireland at the Youth Convention on the Future of Europe in Brussels.
- 2004: Served on an advisory committee to the Department of Education for the Irish Presidency of the EU.
- 2003 – 2005: served on the Board of YEPP (the Young European Christian Democrats)
- Member of the Irish Institute of European Affairs
- Active campaigner for a ‘Yes’ vote in the Irish referenda on the Nice Treaty (2001 & 2002) and the Lisbon Treaty (2008 & 2009)
- 2007-2010: Fine Gael Spokesperson on European Affairs.
- 2007-2010: Member of the Joint Oireachtas (Parliamentary) Committee on European Affairs.
- 2007-2010: Member of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on European Scrutiny.
- 2008-2008: Member of Parliamentary Subcommittee on Ireland’s future in Europe
- 2010: Chairperson of a Parliamentary Subcommittee on the role of the Oireachtas in European Affairs
- 2010-2011: Fine Gael Spokesperson on Immigration, Integration and Equality
- 2010-2011: Member of the Joint Oireachtas (Parliamentary) Committee on Justice, Defence and Women’s Rights