- Consulate Team
- Opening Hours
- Closure Dates
The Consulate is located on the 7th floor of the Shanghai Centre (West Tower) at 1376 Nanjing Road West. The Consulate is 6 minutes’ walk west along Nanjing Road from Nanjing Road metro station (Metro Line 2). Our offices are accessible for all by elevator and with ramps on the ground floor of the complex.
Consulate General of Ireland Shanghai
Suite 700A (West Tower)
1376 Nanjing Road West
People's Republic of China
Phone: 00 86 21 6010 1360
Fax: 00 8621 6279 8739
Consulate Opening Hours
The public office of the Consulate is open from Monday to Friday, 09:30-12:30 and from 13:30-16:30.
The phone line for Consular and Visa inquiries is 00 86 21 6010 1360 / Fax: 00 8621 6279 8739. The best way of submitting an inquiry is though our Contact Us Page.
Please note that visa applications are now made online and applications can be submitted at one of the Visa Application Centres in Shanghai, Nanjing and Hangzhou. Full information on Ireland’s visa services in China is available at our Visa page.
Consulate Closure Dates
The Consulate General of Ireland in Shanghai will be closed on the following dates in 2022:
- New Year's Day: Saturday 1 January – office closed Monday 3 January.
- Chinese Spring Festival: Monday 31 January to Wednesday 2 February.
- Tomb-sweeping Festival: Tuesday 5 April.
- International Labour Day: Sunday 1 May – office closed Monday 2 May.
- Dragon Boat Festival: Friday 3 June.
- Mid-Autumn Festival: Saturday 10 September – office closed Monday 12 September.
- China National Day Holiday: Saturday 1 October to Wednesday 5 October –office closed Monday 3 October to Wednesday 5 October.
- Christmas & St Stephen’s Day: Sunday 25 December to Monday 26 December – office closed Monday 26 December and Tuesday 27 December.