Consular Officer at the Embassy of Ireland, Brussels
ARCHIVED - APPLICATION NOW CLOSED.
Job title: Consular Officer
Job Description: The Embassy of Ireland in Brussels is seeking to employ a permanent full-time Consular Officer to work as part of a small but busy team. This diverse role will include the following tasks:
- Carrying out a wide variety of office administrative tasks.
- Processing consular documents and liaising with the relevant authorities in Belgium and Ireland.
- Acting as the first point of contact in handling and monitoring public enquiries, including face-to-face, telephone and written enquiries.
- Day to day management of the Embassy’s accounts, including book keeping and payroll.
- Media monitoring and reporting on relevant news stories.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role. Experience in a customer facing role in an international organisation is an advantage.
- Fluent English and French language skills (both written and spoken). Proficiency in Dutch a strong advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to exercise discretion.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office), experience in websites and social media preferred.
- Strong planning, coordinating and time management skills with very good attention to detail.
- Highly flexible to changing priorities.
Apply: To apply please send your cover letter and CV before 5pm on Friday 21 October 2016, mentioning ‘Consular Officer Application’ in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By submitting information electronically, parties accept that data may not be fully secure. Parties may alternatively send their submissions by post to: Consular Officer Application, Embassy of Ireland, Rue Froissart 50, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.
Any personal information submitted to us will only be used for its intended purposes and will be destroyed when no longer needed. Any other processing or disclosure of personal data is not allowed other than in the exceptional circumstances provided for under the Data Protection Acts.