Application requirements for an Irish Conference Visa
If you are a visa-required national and going to Ireland to attend a conference you should present the following with your visa application:
PERSONAL DOCUMENTS AND FEE
- Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State. Please include 2 photocopies of the passport bio page. If you have held a previous passport, you must submit your previous passport with your application.
- Signed summary of your on-line application form. Please refer to our How to Apply Page for details.
- 2 passport sized colour photos taken in the past six months that meet our specifications
- A signed letter of application outlining the nature and duration of your visit to Ireland and including contact details.
- Photocopy and official English translation of applicant's hukou
Please follow the link to find the application centre most convenient to you – information on Visa Application Centers.
- An original letter of invitation from the conference hosts in Ireland which states the applicant's name, date of birth and passport number. This letter should detail the nature, duration and programme of the conference and state who will bear responsibility for the applicant's accommodation and maintenance costs while in Ireland. The letter should also include a contact name and details for the reference in Ireland.
- An original letter from the applicant's employer or company in China, which states the applicant's name, date of birth and passport number and also his or her position in the company. This letter should detail the nature and duration of the visit and also state who will bear responsibility of costs during the applicant's time in Ireland.
- If you are personally responsible for the costs of this trip, submit evidence of your personal finances – a detailed statement of your bank account covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application is required. You must also explain why you are undertaking this trip at your own expense.
- Evidence of insurance cover will help us decide your application. If we grant you a visa you should show proof of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry.
Please note that any document submitted in Chinese, must be accompanied by an official English translation.
You are required to provide a copy of all original documents
You are not entitled to work in Ireland.
It is not possible to change your status while in Ireland.
Before you complete your visa application please thoroughly read the information contained in General Information for all applications.