Application requirements for Other Visa Types
If you wish to apply for a visa type which is not in any of the categories listed then please present the following with your visa application:
PERSONAL DOCUMENTS AND FEE
- Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State. Please include 2 photocopies of the passport bio page. If you have held a previous passport, you must submit your previous passport with your application.
- Signed summary of your on-line application form. Please refer to our How to Apply Page for details.
- 2 passport sized colour photos taken in the past six months that meet our specifications.
- A signed letter of application outlining the nature and duration of your visit to Ireland and including contact details.
- Photocopy and official English translation of applicant's hukou
Please follow the link to find the application centre most convenient to you – information on Visa Application Centers.
- Details and evidence of your current status in China.
- Details and evidence of your ability to fund your proposed travel to and stay in Ireland.
- Full details of applicant’s family (parents, spouse, children and siblings).
- For applicants under 18 years of age:
- Birth Certificate in all cases
- If applicant travelling alone or without both parents/guardians, signed consent from parents/guardians accompanied by copies of the consenting parent(s)/guardian(s) passport or national identity card which clearly shows their signatures
Please note that any document submitted in Chinese, must be accompanied by an official English translation.
You are required to provide a copy of all original documents.
Please note the above list is not exhaustive and applications should be supported by all information considered relevant.
It is not possible to change your status while in Ireland.
If you require further information on a particular visa type please contact us.
We aim to make a decision on your application as soon as possible however, please allow 10 working days for your application to be processed.
Before you complete your visa application please thoroughly read the information contained in General Information for all Visa types.
It is strongly recommended not to purchase travel tickets prior to a decision being made on your visa application. Doing so may lead to unnecessary additional costs in circumstances where a visa is not granted.