Vacancy: EU Presidency Liaison & Administrative Officer
The Embassy of Ireland in Tallinn is seeking for a EU Presidency Liaison and Administrative Officer.
This is an important position in the locally-recruited staff of the Embassy for a fixed term contract from 1st June 2017 until 31st December 2017.
During Estonia’s Presidency of the European Council, the Embassy of Ireland in Estonia will facilitate official visits to ministerial, official and expert level meetings. In this context, the Embassy is seeking to employ a liaison and administrative officer. The main purpose of this role will be to ensure that visits of Irish delegations coming to Estonia in the second half of 2017 are facilitated by the Embassy in a professional manner. The role will require very strong logistical skills, flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends if necessary. Given the sensitive nature of the documentation involved, discretion and confidentiality are essential.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Liaising with EU Presidency desk officers in the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in the State Chancellery and with Irish Government Departments (ministries) to ensure all arrangements are in place for receiving official visits from Ireland
- Making logistical arrangements
- Providing administrative support to the Embassy staff on a range of matters if required
- Carry out any other EU Presidency related tasks as requested
Experience, qualifications and personal qualities required
- Have, or be studying at, a university degree level, ideally in international relations, political science or a related field
- Interest in government and international relations
- Preferably with a good knowledge of Ireland and European Union affairs
- Both oral and written proficiency in English and in Estonian
- Experience in administrative work
- Excellent IT skills incl. Microsoft Office, Outlook, social media
- High degree of motivation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive and flexible (work out of office hours if required)
- Cooperative, responsible, reliable and well organised
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time position for a fixed term of 7 months (1st June -31st December 2017). The monthly gross salary will be € 1,214.05.
To apply, please send your CV together with a short (max A4) cover letter by e-mail by Thursday 30th March, 2017.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview, which is planned to be held in April.
By submitting information electronically, parties accept that data may not be fully secure. Parties may alternatively send their submissions by post to: EU Presidency Liaison Officer, Rahukohtu 4/2, 10130 Tallinn.
Any personal information submitted to us will only be used for its intended purposes and will be destroyed when no longer needed. Any other processing or disclosure of personal data is not allowed other than in the exceptional circumstances provided for under the Data Protection Acts.