Our mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic well-being of Ireland and its people. We do this under the political direction of our Ministers, through our staff at home and through our Embassy network abroad.
The Embassy of Ireland, Helsinki is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to fill a temporary full-time Office Manager position on a 12-month contract.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The precise range of duties will vary over time according to the needs of the Embassy, but will include the following:
- Providing administrative support to the Embassy, including necessary administration and protocol communications with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and other government agencies.
- Managing accounts, processing invoicing, and budget monitoring and reporting.
- Property management including managing relationships with maintenance, service and utility providers for Embassy properties.
- Managing relationships with companies providing goods and services to the Embassy.
- Consular service provision, including processing visas and assisting callers with consular queries.
- Reception duties as well as managing correspondence, invitations & calls to the mission.
- Working closely with the rest of the Embassy team on tasks ranging from managing formal embassy correspondence, ordering supplies and event management.
- Other duties as may be required.
Essential Requirements - candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in:
Customer Service and Accounts
- The candidate must have a degree;
- The candidate must have at least 2 years relevant professional experience in a similar role;
- The candidate must be fully bilingual in English and Finnish; (a language test may be included as part of the shortlisting process);
- The candidate must provide evidence of flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness showing strong organizational skills, attention to detail, able to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- The candidate should provide examples of being solutions-oriented, and committed to delivering results, including by adapting approach if necessary;
- The candidate must demonstrate using work based examples of providing excellent interpersonal skills, being persuasive, working in a team but also dealing effectively with people in external organisations;
- The candidate must demonstrate using examples, their working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Finland prior to recruitment.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of the role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy;
- The successful applicant will work alongside other local employees of the Embassy, and will report directly to the diplomatic staff in the Embassy. Previous experience in a diplomatic mission is not essential.
Terms and conditions of employment:
- The successful candidate will be hired on a fixed-term contractual basis and will be based at the Embassy of Ireland, Erottajankatu 7A, 00130 Helsinki.
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, with standard office hours from 9am to 5pm
- Annual Leave entitlement 24 days per annum based on a 5-day week.
- The salary for the position is €33,644.31 per annum, paid locally on a monthly basis. Salaries are paid direct to a bank account, therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account.
How to apply
Completed application forms (end of this page) should be sent via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Temporary Office Manager.
* Deadline now Extended *
Applications must be received before 17:00 (Helsinki time) on 8 June 2023.
(Depending on response rates the deadline may be extended). Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Depending on the number of applications received, a short-listing of candidates to be called for a competency-based interview may be undertaken based on the Essential/Key Requirements above.
- It is planned that interviews will be held in mid-June.
General Data Protection Regulation:
All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines.
Security Clearance for Local Staff
Police security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful, this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position, they will be required to supply this information again.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy of Ireland in Finland is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.