Who can be a witness?
- A Notary Public – Please note that a Greek Lawyer is not authorised to witness Statutory Declarations.
- A diplomat in one of the Irish Honorary Consulates or the Embassy
Your witness must:
- Know you personally
- Know a third party personally who can identify you
- Be able to verify your identity through your official documents (e.g. a passport)
- Provide a business contact number, address, and stamp
Your witness needs to:
- Witness you completing and signing your Statutory Declaration(s)
- Complete and sign the relevant part of your Statutory Declaration(s)
It's against the law to make a Statutory Declaration that you know is false or misleading in any way.