Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

Where do I get an application form?

If you are resident outside Ireland, you will need to use an APS2 application form.

Application forms are available by contacting the Embassy or by calling us directly on 6703 9370. It is essential that the application form is completed correctly and that you have enclosed all the documentation required, e.g. photographs and certificates. Any errors will mean we have to return your application and this may delay you from receiving your passport in time to travel.

Pay particular attention to the following:

Minors – birth certificate (and previous passport if issued) to be submitted in all cases

  • For children born in Ireland since 1 January 2005 – birth certificate and passport of one parent is also required
  • Documentation – original certificates in all cases, accompanied by a notarised English language translation where appropriate
  • Photographs – comply with the regulations set in the Passport Photograph Guidelines page of the application form. Photos should be no more than 6 months old.
  • Signature – clearly written within the signature box

We would advise that you make an appointment with an officer in the Embassy so that we can go through the form with you to ensure that it is completed correctly.

All applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of your planned travel date.