Team Ireland in Malawi
The Embassy works to:
- Deliver on Ireland’s development commitments in Malawi, focusing on poverty and hunger
- Promote Ireland's economic interests
- Contribute to peace, security and human rights in Malawi
- Provide consular and passport services for Irish citizens and engage with Irish communities abroad
Delivering on Ireland’s development commitments in Malawi, focussing on poverty and hunger
In Malawi, Irish Aid works with a variety of partner organisations at national and local levels including government institutions, UN agencies, international research institutions and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to deliver results in three main areas: developing agriculture; improving nutrition and providing social supports; and supporting democratic governance.
More detail on the Embassy’s work in this regard can be found on the Irish Aid website.
Promote Ireland's economic interests
The Embassy works to promote trade, tourism and investment links between Ireland and Malawi. We can:
- Support Irish companies who want to find and access new markets and help with resolving commercial difficulties where possible;
- Provide general advice on doing business locally and, through our network of contacts, pursue export and investment opportunities that will benefit Ireland;
- Work to secure market access for Irish products.
Contribute to peace, security and human rights in Malawi
Find out about Irish Aid’s work in the area of democratic governance from the Irish Aid website.
Provide consular and passport services for Irish citizens and engage with Irish communities
The Embassy (along with our Honorary Consul General in Blantyre) provides consular assistance and passport services to Irish citizens who need it while in Malawi.
Honorary Consuls in Malawi
Mr Seán O'Neill
Honorary Consul of Ireland
Glynn Jones road
Private Bag 68
Phone: (+265) 1 821955 / 821943
Fax: (+265) 1 821 978