- Embassy Team
- Opening Hours
- Closure Dates
Patrick Empey (Ambassador Designate)
Deputy Head of Mission/Head of Cooperation for Humanitarian Action, Climate and Social Protection:
Deputy Head of Mission/Head of Cooperation for Decentralisation and Provincial Programming:
Deputy Head of Mission/Head of Cooperation for Social Sectors:
The Embassy address is Avenida Julius Nyerere 3630, Sommershield, Maputo, Mozambique.
By car or on foot, coming from Kenneth Kaunda Avenue towards the sea, continue until you reach the intersection with Juliuys Nyerere Avenue. You will see a rotunda. Turn left and enter Juliuys Nyerere Avenue. Drive for about 1.2 Km. You will pass the Medlife Clinic on your right, keep straight. As you pass the third block from your left, past the Universidade Eduardo Mondlane campus, you will see the Embassy of Ireland on your right hand side. Turn right so as to do a U turn and enter through the second gate.
The Irish and European flag fly on the front grounds of the building and the entrance is through the right hand side gate.
Embassy Closure Dates 2022
- 3rd January – In lieu of New Year's Day
- 3rd February – Heroes' Day
- 7th April – Women’s Day
- 8th April - In lieu of St Patrick's Day
- 15th April – Good Friday
- 18th April – Easter Monday
- 2nd May – In lieu of Labour Day
- 7th September – Lusaka Accord Day
- 26th September - In Lieu of Armed Forces Day
- 4th October – Peace Day
- 10th November – Maputo Day
- 26th December – In lieu of Christmas Day