Skip to main content

Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

Lost or stolen passports

If you have lost your passport, before applying for a new passport you must submit a stamped police report and a Sworn Affidavit executed at the High Court which explains how the passport was lost or stolen. When applying for your new passport please bring these two documents along with three different pieces of photographic identification (such as Permanent Voter's Card, driver's licence or Nigerian passport) and three different proofs of address (such as utility bills or bank statements).

If you need to travel urgently, we may be in a position to issue an Emergency Travel Certificate (ETC). ETCs are not issued to anyone under 18 years old or to anyone who has already reported one passport as lost or stolen. Contact us for more information on 09 462 0611.