How to Apply for a Passport
Irish citizens who have previously held an Irish Passport can now apply for their Passport Book and/or Card online.
You cannot apply online if you have already submitted a paper application.
If you are resident outside Ireland and do not qualify or wish to use the online system, you need to use an APS2 application form.
Please see the detailed Documentary Requirements for Passport Applications page from the Passport Service.
Please see the detailed How to get your application witnessed page from the Passport Service.
Please see the detailed Passport Fees page on the main DFA.ie website.
Please note that KRW fees are regularly updated to keep in line with the Euro fees charged by the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ireland.
The fee depends on the type of passport you apply for:-
Apply for a Passport via the Embassy
- Standard 10-year passport for those 18 years and over – KRW133,000
- Large 10-year passport with 66 pages for those 18 years and over – KRW175,000
- Standard 5-year passport for those under 18 years – KRW63,000
From April 2017 for all applicants under 18 years there is one type of passport with a five year validity. The three year passport is discontinued.
Emergency (Temporary) Passports
- During the Embassy’s normal office hours in 5 working days – KRW42,000
This fee applies to both Emergency (Temporary) Passports & Emergency Travel Certificates & and both adult & minor applicants.
- Additional fee for outside of the Embassy’s normal office hours – KRW112,000
From April 2017 there is NO ‘expedited service’ for applications via the Embassy.
- Sending out an original application form by ordinary mail – KRW1,000
- Sending out a new passport by registered mail – KRW3,000
Please make sure to include the appropriate Korean fee in total in the form of cash (when applying in person) or postal money order (when applying by post). It is not possible for the Embassy to take card payments for passport applications.
APPLY FOR A PASSPORT ON-LINE (NOT VIA THE EMBASSY)-ADULT RENEWAL APPLICATION ONLY
From 31 March 2017 there is an option to renew adult passport online. The cost of submitting on-line for adults will be as below plus an International postage fee (where applicable) of €5.
- Standard 10-year passport is €80
- Large 66-page, 10-year passport is €110
- Passport card is €35
- Standard passport plus passport card is €105
- Large passport plus passport card is €135
Where to Apply
The Embassy of Ireland Seoul is located at:
Leema Bldg. 13F., 42, Jongro 1-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea 03152
T: (02) 721 7200 / F: (02) 774 6458
The Embassy is 5 minutes' walk from Gwanghwamun Station on the purple Line number 5, Exit No.2. The Leema Building in which the Embassy is located directly behind National Museum of Korean Contemporary History – formerly the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, which is beside the US Embassy.
The Embassy is open to the public from 09.00 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
If you choose to post your application, we strongly recommend you use registered mail or a reputable courier service. The Embassy cannot be held responsible for applications or documents lost in transit.