Skip to main content

Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

Can I apply for a passport in the Republic of Korea (South Korea) while on holiday?

No, you must apply in the country you are normally resident in. You should only apply to the Irish Embassy in Seoul if you reside in the Republic of Korea (South Korea), or in the case of a lost/stolen passport while visiting here.