Please note that KRW fees are regularly updated to keep in line with the Euro fees charged by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Ireland.
The fee depends on the type of passport you apply for:
Apply for a Passport via the Embassy
- Standard 10-year passport for those 18 years and over – KRW124,000
- Large 10-year passport with 66 pages for those 18 years and over – KRW163,000
- Standard 5-year passport for those between 0 and 17 years – KRW59,000
From April 2017 for all applicants under 18 years there is one type of passport with a five year validity. The three year passport is discontinued.
Emergency (Temporary) Passports
- During the Embassy’s normal office hours in 5 working days – KRW39,000
This fee applies to both Emergency (Temporary) Passports & Emergency Travel Certificates & and both adult & minor applicants.
- Additional fee for outside of the Embassy’s normal office hours – KRW104,000
From April 2017 there is NO ‘expedited service’ for applications via the Embassy.
- Sending out an original application form by ordinary mail – KRW1,000
- Sending out a new passport by registered mail – KRW3,000
Please make sure to include the appropriate Korean fee in total in the form of cash (when applying in person) or postal money order (when applying by post). It is not possible for the Embassy to take card payments for passport applications.
APPLY FOR A PASSPORT ON-LINE (NOT VIA THE EMBASSY)-ADULT RENEWAL APPLICATION ONLY
From 31 March 2017 there is an option to renewal adult passport online. The cost of submitting on-line for adults will be €80 plus postage (where applicable) of €5.