Ambassador Gerard McCoy arrived in Riyadh on 1 September 2018, to serve as Ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He joined the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in April 1997. He has served in the following posts in Dublin and overseas:
- August 2016: Deputy Director, North Americas Unit, DFAT Dublin.
- August 2012: Deputy Permanent Representative of Ireland to the International Organisations (Vienna) and Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Ireland, Vienna.
- August 2010: Joint Director General, International Fund for Ireland, DFAT Dublin.
- August 2007: Officer for Cultural and Economic Affairs, Embassy of Ireland, Rome.
- August 2004: Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Ireland, Cairo.
- November 2001: First Secretary, EU Division, Dublin.
- August 1998: Third Secretary, Embassy of Ireland, Luxembourg.
- April 1997: Consular Services, DFAT Dublin.
Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:44:34 BST