- Embassy Team
- Embassy Closure Dates
- Embassy Opening Hours - Emergency Contact
- The Embassy's History
The Embassy is located in the heart of Ljubljana near the famous "Dragon Bridge" on the Ljubljanica river. Our address is Palača Kapitelj (1st floor), Poljanski nasip 6, 1000 Ljubljana.
- Coming from the North on Resljeva cesta, from the direction of the main train station, the Embassy can be reached by taking a left immediately after crossing the Dragon Bridge.
- Coming from the South, through the tunnel, turn right immediately before reaching the Dragon Bridge.
There is underground parking available at the “Palača Kapitelj” parking garage.
Embassy Closure Dates
Dates on which the Embassy of Ireland in Ljubljana is closed in 2019:
01/01/2019: New Year's Day
02/01/2019: New Year Holiday
08/02/2019: Prešeren Day
22/04/2019: Easter Monday
01/05/2019: May Day
02/05/2019: May Day Holiday
25/06/2019: Statehood Day
15/08/2019: Assumption Day
31/10/2019: Reformation Day
01/11/2019: All Saints Day
25/12/2019: Christmas Day
26/12/2019: St. Stephen's Day
Embassy Opening Hours
We are open to members of the public from 09h00-12h30 and from 14h30-16h00, Monday to Friday. Visa Office is open from 09h00-12h30, Monday to Friday.
Emergency Contact Details
Where emergency consular assistance is required for Irish citizens outside of opening hours please leave a message at: +386 (0)1 300 8970. This mailbox is monitored regularly. Alternatively, you contact the Duty Officer at the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin at: +353 (0)1 478 2000
The Embassy’s History
The Embassy of Ireland in Ljubljana was established in 2001.
The Embassy of Ireland in Ljubljana is accredited to the Republic of Slovenia and on a non-residential basis to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The role of the Embassy is to promote Ireland's interests in Slovenia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, including political, economic and cultural interests, and to protect Irish citizens in the country.
The Embassy of Ireland in Zagreb is accredited to the Republic of Croatia from 9 September 2014.
- H.E. Gary Ansbro: 2001 - 2005
- H.E. Patrick McCabe: 2005 - 2009
- H.E. Thomas Brady: 2009 - 2012
- H.E. Kieran Dowling: 2012 - 2014
- H.E. Pat Kelly: 2014 - 2015
- H.E. Sean O'Regan: 2015 – 2017
- H.E. Myles Geiran 2017 - present