The promotion of Ireland, its culture and creativity are important elements in the work of the Embassy of Ireland in Ljubljana. The Embassy is therefore interested in learning from you of projects you might have in mind in this regard. For a limited number of projects, the Embassy can provide financial support for activities that promote Ireland and its culture.
If you are planning a project or event that promotes Ireland or Irish culture we would be happy to learn about it. You may request an application form by Contacting Us. Completed applications should be submitted to the same e-mail address.
Project proposals are assessed individually with the principal criteria being the extent to which the project promotes Ireland and the perceived capacity of the organisers to carry out the projects successfully. Applications for funding should be made well in advance of the project, and not later than six weeks before the start of the project.
The Embassy provides funding on a reimbursement basis. In exceptional circumstances the Embassy may at its discretion advance part of the funds awarded before expenditure or the event has taken place.
Every application for funding will be assessed on its merits. The below list of allowable expenditure is for guidance and is not exhaustive. The Embassy will not reimburse expenses that it regards as excessive. It will also not reimburse expenditure which cannot be properly accounted for.
- Venue hire (organiser and venue owner must not have a personal or business relationship; The Embassy would expect that where the venue is hired for a large event/project which does not solely promote Ireland, this cost will be apportioned to the Irish segment of the event.)
- Flight costs for artists/performers/speakers (flights must be economy class, irrespective of flight time/distance)
- Accommodation costs for artists/performers/speakers (accommodation must be moderate; the Embassy can make suggestions about suitable accommodation. The Embassy reserves the right to reduce the amount paid in support of accommodation charges).
- Hire of audio-visual and/or other technical equipment (The Embassy would expect that where such equipment is hired for a large event/project which does not solely promote Ireland, this costs will be apportioned to the Irish segment of the event.)
- Fees for performance rights
- Event publicity
- Per-diem payments to artists/performers/speakers (Such payments should be set at a reasonable level. In normal circumstance this should not exceed the Irish civil service rate prevailing. The Embassy can give guidance on this.)
In addition to funding provided by the Embassy, you will wish to be aware that Culture Ireland operates a range of funding programmes to support and promote the presentation of Irish arts internationally. Culture Ireland offers grant funding towards costs which relate directly to the international presentation of the event, i.e. travel and travel related costssuch as transport, accommodation and subsistence. More information about Culture Ireland funding programmes, including deadlines for receipt of Culture Ireland grant application is available at Culture Ireland funding. We ask that you inform the Embassy of any applications being made to Culture Ireland.