Emergency Assistance in Bosnia and Herzegovina
If something goes wrong when you're travelling in Bosnia and Herzegovina and you need help, you can contact the Embassy in Ljubljana or call the Consular Assistance Unit at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Dublin on +353 1 408 2000.
The Embassy is open to members of the public from 09h00-12h30 and 14h30-16h00, Monday to Friday. Call us on +386 1 300 8970.
Out of Hours Emergency Service for Irish Citizens
The Embassy of Ireland operates an out-of-hours service for Irish citizens for Irish citizens who require emergency assistance from Ljubljana. If you need emergency assistance outside of normal working hours, call the Embassy on +386 1 300 8970. The mobile telephone number of the officer on duty will be available on the answering machine.
The duty officer will require the following relevant information:
- Your name, last name and date of birth
- The nature of your problem
- Where you are now
- Your contact details (mobile phone number or phone number of where you're staying)
The out-of-hours service is strictly for genuine emergencies only. Queries or requests that can wait until normal office hours will not be entertained.
Alternatively, you can:
- contact the 24-hour duty officer in the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin at +353 1 478 2000
- contact the Embassy/Consulate of another EU Member State in BiH who will contact us on your behalf.
Contacting the police and emergency services
- You can call the Police by dialling 122
- To contact the Fire Department dial 123
- To contact the Emergency Medical services dial 124.
Learn more about the emergency assistance offered abroad by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.