Team Ireland in Spain
The Embassy works with Irish state agencies to:
- Promote Ireland's trade and investment objectives
- Promote Irish exports
- Promote Irish food, culture, heritage and tradition
- Promote Ireland as a tourism destination
Working with state agencies in Spain
The Embassy is part of an Ireland House: we share our building with Enterprise Ireland, Bord Bia and Tourism Ireland. We work closely with these and other state agencies to promote trade, tourism and inward investment. The Ambassador chairs the local market team. We can:
- Support Irish companies who want to find and access new markets and help with resolving commercial difficulties where possible
- Provide general advice on doing business locally and, through our network of contacts, pursue export and investment opportunities that will benefit Ireland
- Work to secure market access for Irish products in key sectors
Working with the right expertise in relevant state agencies is part of our successful strategy.
The Irish Food Board, known as Bord Bia, acts as a link between Irish food, drink and horticulture suppliers and existing and potential customers throughout the world. Bord Bia has a network of overseas offices including here in Madrid. You can find Bord Bia Spain on Facebook and follow Bord Bia on Twitter.
Enterprise Ireland (EI) is the government organisation responsible for developing and growing Irish enterprises in world markets. Enterprise Ireland has an office in Madrid, it also has a network of nine regional offices throughout Ireland and over 30 international locations. Follow Enterprise Ireland on Twitter
Tourism Ireland markets the island of Ireland as a holiday destination overseas. It devises and implements world-class marketing programmes and provides industry partners with opportunities to market their own products and services alongside Tourism Ireland overseas. Tourism Ireland has an office here in Madrid. You can find Tourism Ireland on Facebook and also on Twitter
Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, IDA Ireland (Industrial Development Agency) is responsible for attracting and developing foreign investment. IDA Ireland covers Spain from its office in Paris.