Bloomsday around Spain 2016
- The Bloomsday Society in Madrid is pleased to invite you along to the reading of episode 12 from Ulysses, Cyclops, which will take place on Wednesday 16 June in the Ateneo de Madrid, C/del Prado 21, 19-21.15h. Ambassador Cooney will be delighted to inaugurate the evening’s events. Please confirm your attendance before the 13 June to the email address on the invitation.
- As part of a series of events organised in light of San Sebastian being City of Culture this year, the James Joyce Society in Dublin are bringing the wonderfully entertaining show Songs of Joyce to Spain. The performance in Madrid will take place in the CentroCentro on Thursday 23 June, at 20h.
- La Casa de la Paraula will be hosting an event to celebrate Bloomsday on Saturday 11 June, from 17h. More information can be found on their website.
- The Songs of Joyce, organised by the James Joyce Society in Dublin (as mentioned in event no. 2 in Madrid), will be performing on Tuesday 21 June at the Ateneu Barcelona, 19h
- The Bloomsday Festival in Fuengirola gets underway on Friday 10 June and continues until Thursday 7 July. The 6th Bloomsday Bathe on the Beach will also be taking place on Wednesday 16 June.
- The Songs of Joyce, organised by the James Joyce Society in Dublin (as mentioned in event no. 2 in Madrid), will be performing on Sunday 19 June and will take place in an open-air setting centred on the Plaza Okendo square beside the Teatro Victoria Eugenia in San Sebastian.
- The University of Zaragoza will be celebrating Bloomsday on Thursday 16 June at the Sala CAIO Luzán P.º Independencia, 10 (Zaragoza), at 20.30. For more information please see the link attached.
Mon, 15 May 2017 15:24:34 BST