Born in 1968, Aidan Cronin is married to Maedhbh. They have two children, Caoimhe and Cadhla.
Aidan joined the Department of Foreign Affairs on 3 April 1995.
- April 1995: Deputy Director, European Union Division, Dublin.
- August 1997: Deputy Director, Legal Division, Dublin.
- August 1998: Second Secretary & Consul, Embassy of Ireland, Beijing.
- August 2001: Deputy Director, UN Policy, Dublin.
- May 2003: Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Ireland, Tehran.
- August 2005: Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Ireland, Canberra.
- August 2008: Deputy Director, Irish Abroad Unit, Dublin.
- May 2009: Private Secretary, To the Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- August 2011: Consul General, Consulate General of Ireland, Chicago.
- September 2015: Director, Media Relations.
- September 2017: Director, The Americas.
- August 2018: Ambassador, The United Arab Emirates (also to Afghanistan, Kuwait and Qatar).
Mon, 02 Dec 2019 16:36:53 GMT