Team Ireland in the United Arab Emirates
The Embassy works with a number of Irish state agencies to:
- Promote Ireland's trade and investment objectives
- Promote Irish culture, heritage and tradition
- Maintain and enhance our links with Irish communities abroad
Working with state agencies in the UAE
The Embassy of Ireland in the UAE works closely with Irish state agencies to promote trade, tourism and inward investment. The Ambassador chairs the local market team. We can:
- Support Irish companies who want to find and access new markets and help with resolving commercial difficulties where possible
- Provide general advice on doing business locally and, through our network of contacts, pursue export and investment opportunities that will benefit Ireland
- Work to secure market access for Irish products in key sectors in high-growth and emerging markets
Working with the right expertise in relevant state agencies is part of our successful strategy.
The Irish Food Board, known as Bord Bia, acts as a link between Irish food, drink and horticulture suppliers and existing and potential customers throughout the world. Bord Bia has a network of overseas offices including in Dubai.
Enterprise Ireland (EI) is the government organisation responsible for developing and growing Irish enterprises in world markets. With an office here in Dubai, it also has a network of nine regional offices throughout Ireland and over 30 international locations.
Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, IDA Ireland (Industrial Development Agency) is responsible for attracting and developing foreign investment.
Tourism Ireland markets the island of Ireland as a holiday destination overseas. It devises and implements world-class marketing programmes and provides industry partners with opportunities to market their own products and services alongside Tourism Ireland overseas. Tourism Ireland’s regional office is in Dubai.
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) invests in academic research that is most likely to generate new knowledge, leading-edge technologies and competitive enterprises in science and engineering. As well as promoting Ireland’s achievements around the world, SFI supports co-operation between education, government, and industry.