Irish Societies in the Gulf
The resident Irish community in the Gulf States is large, dynamic and vibrant.
There has been a strong growth in the resident Irish community in the UAE in recent years and there are now over 10,000 Irish citizens officially resident in the Emirates.
In addition, there are approximately 2,000 Irish nationals in Qatar and 250 in Kuwait.
The dynamism and hard work of the resident Irish community in the Gulf States ensured the success of the GAA's First World Games which took place in Abu Dhabi in March 2015. The second World Games was held in Dublin in 2019, with the Middle East team triumphing in many categories.
Overall there are approximately 60 Irish businesses with a presence on the ground in the UAE and 150 more exporting. In addition, there are a number of local businesses owned by Irish people, i.e. without an Irish base.
The vibrancy of the Irish community in the Gulf States is reflected in the very active Irish societies, GAA clubs and business networks in the UAE, Qatar and Kuwait.
- Abu Dhabi Irish Society: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abu Dhabi Irish Business Council: email@example.com
- Abu Dhabi na Fianna: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Ain GAA: email@example.com
- Ruwais Gaels: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Reem Shamrocks: email@example.com
- Dubai Irish Society: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dubai Irish Business Network: email@example.com
- Dubai Celts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jumeirah Gaels: email@example.com
- Kerry Middle East GAA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharjah Gaels: Sharjahgaels@hotmail.com
- RAK Ropairí GAA: email@example.com
- Eire Og Fujairah: Eireogfujairahgaa@gmail.com
- Oryx na hEireann Qatar GAA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qatar Irish Society: email@example.com
- Kuwait Harps chairperson: firstname.lastname@example.org