Visa applications are only accepted by this office from visa required persons resident in the below countries. Persons on temporary visas are not permitted to submit an application and should submit an application in their country of residence.
Information in relation to applying for, submitting, and the processing of visa applications is available through a number of resources:
- Check for information from the Irish Immigration Service
- Check this website
- Check our processing times and weekly decision reports
- Contact VFS Ireland by phone or email - VFS UAE or VFS Kuwait
- Contact your local visa processing office
Contacting The Visa Office
This Visa Office does not operate a phoneline. Queries can be submitted to email@example.com, or through the online visa query form, Visa Queries - Department of Foreign Affairs (dfa.ie).
- This office is not in a position to expedite visa applications or respond to status update queries due to the volume of applications on hand. To ensure fairness to all applicants applications are dealt with in strict chronological order. Once a decision on your application has been made it will be communicated to you by the Visa Office, VFS, Honorary Consulate or Embassy depending on where you submitted your application.
- The resources detailed should be consulted prior to submitting a query. The answer to most queries received by this Visa Office is generally available through these resources.
- We do not communicate with third parties, only with applicants and certain representatives where a signed letter of authority has been submitted with the query. This applies to all applications.
- The Visa Office does not have a public office, attendance at the Visa Office is strictly by appointment only. If you attend the Visa Office seeking to speak to the Visa team without an appointment this will not be facilitated.
Countries for which we process visa applications: United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Sudan, Syria and Tunisia. The Visa Office also deals with certain categories of visa applications submitted to the IRL Embassies in Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
Visa applications from Qatar are currently being processed by the Visa Office in Ankara, Türkiye. There are certain restrictions on consideration of Irish visa applications from Libyan nationals - See further information.
Embassy Visa Office Opening Hours: Our working week is Monday – Friday. Please note Abu Dhabi is +4 hours GMT from November to March and +3 hours GMT the rest of the year.
Current single entry visa fee: 240 AED
Current multiple entry visa fee: 400 AED
Current transit visa fee: 100 AED