How to Apply for a Passport
Irish citizens who have previously held an Irish Passport must renew their Passport Book or Passport Card using Passport Online.
First Time Applicants must apply using a paper application form through their local Irish Embassy or Consulate General.
Passport Online is not yet available in your region for first time applicants. You must apply using a paper application form.
If you are resident outside of Ireland and do not qualify for or wish to use the online system, you need to use an APS2 application form.
It is available in Irish (APS2G) and in English (APS2E).
APS2 forms are available:
- By calling to the Embassy during office hours (9am - 1pm)
- VFS Global Office, Reception Counter - Wafi mall - Dubai
- In Qatar - DHL office located in Al Salwa Road (+974-4458 7888) or VFS Global, Doha (+974 3344 1254)
- In Kuwait - VFS Global located in Al Shaheed Street - Arraya Centre (+965-2220 5540) & Aramex office located in Al Ardiya Industrial Area (+965-182 0011).
Please see the detailed Documentary Requirements for Passport Applications page from the Passport Service.
Please see the detailed How to get your application witnessed page from the Passport Service.
Please see the detailed Passport Fees page on the main DFA.ie website.
- Standard (33 Page) 10 year passport-AED 430.00
- Large (66 page) 10 year passport-AED 560.00
- Standard 5-year passport for those between 0 and 17 years-AED 200.00
Emergency Travel Documents (ETC or an emergency passport)
- Standard-140 AED
- Out of Hours Fee-360 AED
- Passport Certification Fee-180 AED
We cannot issue Emergency Passports to first time applicants. Emergency Passports can be used to exit the UAE however, not to re-enter.
We only accept Credit Cards and Bank Transfer.
Bank Details for Electronic Bank Transfer:
Account Name: Embassy of Ireland – Abu Dhabi
Account Number: 1411003342999016
Bank Name: First Abu Dhabi Bank
Branch Name: Main Branch
Branch Address: Abu Dhabi
Country: United Arab Emirates
Applicants who pay via Bank Transfer must submit the bank payment receipt with their passport application.
Where to Apply
The Embassy accepts applications from residents in UAE, Qatar, Kuwait & Afghanistan.
Application should be sent to:
Embassy of Ireland
Al Yasat Street off 6th Street
P.O. Box 61581
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
You can also submit your application in person during office hours. If posting your application, we strongly recommend you to use registered mail or a reputable courier service. The Embassy cannot be held responsible for applications or documents lost in transit.