Skip to main content

How is the date of graduation defined?

Applicants may be considered eligible for the Working Holiday Authorisation (WHA) programme if their application and initial documentation are received by the relevant Embassy or Consulate within 12 months of the date of the conferral of their degree (i.e. the date on their degree or diploma).

If a degree or diploma has not yet been conferred, applicants can submit another form of proof such as their official transcripts or a letter from their university, to show that they graduated within the 12 months prior to receipt of their application by the Consulate/Embassy, or that they are still studying.