Team Ireland in Germany
Working with Irish State Agencies
The Consulate General of Ireland in Frankfurt works with a number of Irish State Agencies to promote trade and investment between Ireland and the regions of Hesse, Rheinland-Pfalz and Saarland and to promote Ireland as a place to visit and in which to invest.
Germany is Ireland’s:
- 4th largest merchandise trading partner
- 3rd largest export market for Irish food and drink
- 2nd largest source of Foreign Direct Investment after the USA
- 3rd most important holiday market to Ireland
The Embassy works closely with the Irish State Agencies to promote continued growth in these areas. The Ambassador chairs the Germany local market team.
- Support Irish companies who want to find and access new markets and help with resolving commercial difficulties where possible
- Provide general advice on doing business locally including to German companies seeking to source Irish products and, through our network of contacts, pursue export and investment opportunities that will benefit Ireland
- Work to secure market access for Irish products in key sectors
- Promote Ireland as a location for tourism and for investment
Working with the right expertise in relevant state agencies is part of our successful strategy.
The Irish Food Board, known as Bord Bia, acts as a link between Irish food, drink and horticulture suppliers and existing and potential customers throughout the world. Bord Bia has a network of overseas offices including in Düsseldorf.
Enterprise Ireland is the government organisation responsible for developing and growing Irish enterprises in world markets. Enterprise Ireland has a network of nine regional offices throughout Ireland and over 30 international locations including in Düsseldorf.
IDA Ireland (Ireland's inward investment promotion agency) is responsible for attracting direct investment in Ireland. IDA Ireland has an office in Frankfurt.
Tourism Ireland markets the island of Ireland as a holiday destination overseas. It devises and implements world-class marketing programmes and provides industry partners with opportunities to market their own products and services alongside Tourism Ireland overseas. Tourism Ireland have an office in Frankfurt.