GOIIES Scheme 2017/2018
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship scheme 2017/2018
The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship scheme (GOIIES) has opened the 2017/2018 call. It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded from the HEA in the academic year 2017/2018. It is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government and the Irish higher education institutions (HEIs).
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships will be awarded
- to high calibre higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries;
- to study in Ireland for a period of one year;
- for scholarships that will highlight Ireland’s strengths as a centre of international education;
- to promote links with potential markets globally;
- to strengthen the internationalisation strategies of HEIs especially in the context of the system performance framework.
The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at covering student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of an undergraduate programme,
- one year of a taught master degree programme or
- one year of a research programme (research masters or PhD programme).
The HEI will be required to give a full fee waiver to the student for the scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived).
The awards are made initially to the higher education institutions on the basis of a competitive application process. To apply for a Government of Ireland scholarship, please contact the international office of the Irish college or university you are interested in attending.
Please note that the closing date, for receipt of proposals from Irish HEIs, is 17.00 (Irish Standard Time) on 26 May 2017.