Application requirements for an ADS Tourist Visa
To qualify as an ADS tourist you must be part of a tour group organised by an ADS accredited agent.
Applications for ADS visas should be made through an ADS accredited travel agency. Our list of accredited agents is currently being revised and details will be posted on this website in due course. However, if you require further information concerning ADS accredited agents you may contact the visa office for further details.
An ADS visa permits travel within Ireland in accordance with a pre-determined itinerary. ADS visas are issued to members of tourist groups of at least 5 tourists plus the tour leader. The maximum duration of stay is 30 days.
1. Where to apply:
Please read our section on ‘How to Apply’
You must submit your visa application in person at one of the 13 Visa Application Centres across China and Hong Kong
Please follow the link to find the application centre most convenient to you – information on Visa Application Centers
2. Visa application:
ADS visas are applied for via an ADS-accredited travel agency.
3. Documents that must be submitted by the ADS-accredited travel agency:
- A name list of all the group members, with passport numbers and copies of hukous (with translation in English)
- A detailed travel itinerary in English, including details of the hotels to be used by the group during the tour with the dates of stay in each hotel
- Flight reservation with confirmation for the round trip from the airlines (with list of the tourists' names)
- Name of the tour leader along with copy of tour leader certificate
- Name and contact details of the designated partner tour operator in Ireland and confirmation that accommodation and transport within Ireland as specified in the group's itinerary will be provided to all members of the group
- For each member of the group: completed visa application form, duly signed by the applicant, together with 2 x recent passport sized photographs
- For each member of the group: Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State. Please include 2 photocopies of the passport bio page. If you have held a previous passport, you must submit your previous passport with your application
- For each member of the group: Relevant insurance covering the journey (valid for the entire duration of the stay, with cover of at least 30,000.00EURO and covering the cost of any emergency medical treatment or repatriation for medical reasons)
- A signed letter of application outlining of the nature and duration of your visit to Ireland and including contact details.
- For each member of the group: Proof of financial means, e.g. bank statement
- For each member of the group: A letter of the working unit or company (with address, telephone and fax of the employer, stamp and signature with name and position of the person who signed) stating:
- working position
- approval for leave
For applicants under 18 years of age:
- An original Birth Certificate must be submitted in all cases.
- If applicant travelling alone or without both parents/guardians, signed consent from parents/guardians accompanied by copies of the consenting parent(s)/guardian(s) passport which clearly shows their signatures. If the parents/guardians do not currently hold a passport, the signed consent must be notarised.
All documents should be in English or have an Official English translation attached;
4. Visa Fees:
5. Visa processing times:
It is expected that ADS Visa applications will be processed within 10 working days where Ireland is the primary destination. However, processing times may vary depending on the volume of demand for visas. It is advisable to submit applications as far ahead of the intended travel date as possible.