For a small country, Ireland has made a big impact. We've given the world saints and scholars, artists and entrepreneurs, scientists and sporting heroes.
We've built a reputation for innovation, hard work and determination but we've still kept our inimitable outlook on life.
Ireland is unique - let us show you why...
- Name: Ireland (Éire in Irish)
- Capital: Dublin
- Population: 4.6 million
- Languages: English and Irish
- Government: Republic
- Head of government: An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar
- Head of state: President Michael D Higgins
- Currency: Euro
- Flag: Tricolour of green, white and orange
- Emblem: Harp
- National Day: Saint Patrick's Day, 17 March