Temporary Position at the Embassy of Ireland, Copenhagen
The Embassy of Ireland is inviting applications for a temporary administrative officer position arising from parental leave.
Responsibilities will include financial administration of Embassy accounts, consular administration and assistance, and general office/residence administration. The successful applicant will undertake a wide variety of tasks, including dealing with general enquiries; liaising with service providers; providing assistance in processing applications for passports, visas, Foreign Birth Registration, and Certificat de Coutume; and assisting with other Embassy priorities as required.
- Applicants must have an un-restricted right to reside and work in the EU.
- Those under consideration for a position will be required to provide a medical certificate and to complete and health and character declaration.
- Persons who have availed of recent Incentivised Early Retirement or Voluntary Redundancy Schemes in the Irish public service are not eligible to take part in this competition. Applicants will be required to complete a declaration confirming to this effect. Applicants will also be required to declare any entitlements to an Irish public service benefit (in payment or preserved) from any other Irish public service employment and/or where they have received a payment-in-lieu in respect of service in any public service employment.
In addition to satisfying all the above eligibility requirements, successful candidates will have:
- Previous relevant work experience in an international environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and translation skills
- Fluency in English and Danish
Qualities and Skills
Successful candidates will have:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- The ability to adapt to a range of challenges and work under pressure
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to undertake duties using computer-based systems such as Excel, and Microsoft Office
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, and to set priorities and organise workloads to met deadlines
- A CV of not more than 2 pages including contact details for two referees
- A letter setting out your interest and suitability for the position (max 1 page)
Applications should be submitted by email to helen[dot]scanlon[at]dfa[dot]ie (subject: Temporary Position). By submitting information electronically, parties accept that data may not be fully secure. Parties may alternatively send their submissions by post to: Embassy of Ireland, Østbanegade 21, 2100 Copenhagen Ø.
Any personal information submitted to us will only be used for its intended purposes and will be destroyed when no longer needed. Any other processing or disclosure of personal data is not allowed other than in the exceptional circumstances provided for under the Data Protection Acts.
A shortlist of candidates will be called in for interview on the basis of the information supplied in their applications. Interviews may be conducted by video conference. No travel expenses relating to participation in the competition will be payable. Queries regarding the application process should be made by email or by calling +45 35 47 32 00.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 13.00 on 24 June 2016.
Working Hours per Week
Number of Vacancies
1 August 2016