Team Ireland in Great Britain
The Embassy works with a number of Irish state agencies to:
- Promote Ireland's trade and investment objectives
- Promote Irish culture, heritage and tradition
- Maintain and enhance our links with Irish communities abroad
Working with state agencies in Britain
The Embassy of Ireland in Great Britain works closely with Irish state agencies to promote trade, tourism and inward investment. The Ambassador chairs the local market team. We can:
- Support Irish companies who want to find and access new markets and help with resolving commercial difficulties where possible
- Provide general advice on doing business locally and, through our network of contacts, pursue export and investment opportunities that will benefit Ireland
- Work to secure market access for Irish products in key sectors in high-growth and emerging markets
Working with the right expertise in relevant state agencies is part of our successful strategy.
The Irish Food Board, known as Bord Bia, acts as a link between Irish food, drink and horticulture suppliers and existing and potential customers throughout the world. Bord Bia has a network of overseas offices including here in London.
Enterprise Ireland (EI) is the government organisation responsible for developing and growing Irish enterprises in world markets. With an office here in London, it also has a network of nine regional offices throughout Ireland and over 30 international locations.
Tourism Ireland markets the island of Ireland as a holiday destination overseas. It devises and implements world-class marketing programmes and provides industry partners with opportunities to market their own products and services alongside Tourism Ireland overseas. They have offices in London and Glasgow.
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) invests in academic research that is most likely to generate new knowledge, leading-edge technologies and competitive enterprises in science and engineering. As well as promoting Ireland’s achievements around the world, SFI supports co-operation between education, government, and industry.
The Consulate General of Ireland to Scotland provides valuable services to Irish Citizens living in Scotland and, like the Embassy, works hard to ensure the promotion of Ireland interests in Great Britain.
Connecting with our diaspora
Connecting with the Irish diaspora, including those interested in the Irish connection for enhancing business networks or promoting and maintaining Irish culture in their communities, is a major part of our work, in supporting the Irish in Britain. We’re committed to recognising the efforts of the Irish Community in Britain by engaging with them both practically and strategically.