2017 Emigrant Support Programme Funding
The Irish Government Emigrant Support Programme
The Irish Government, through the Emigrant Support Programme, provides funding to non-profit organisations which support and connect the Irish community in Britain. The Emigrant Support Programme is a tangible expression of the Irish Government's support of, commitment to, and interest in, the global Irish community. Our vision is a vibrant, diverse global Irish community, connected to Ireland and to each other.
Applications for the 2017 grant round will open on 11 January 2017.
The Emigrant Support Programme funds projects that will:
- Celebrate, maintain and strengthen the links between Ireland and our community in Britain;
- Address the diverse and evolving needs of Irish emigrants in Britain, especially the elderly, disadvantaged and vulnerable;
- Facilitate access to statutory and voluntary services in Britain for vulnerable Irish emigrants;
- Foster a more vibrant sense of community and of Irish identity based on sporting, cultural and community networking;
- Further the outcomes of the Global Irish Economic Forum;
- Research and define the emerging needs of Irish communities abroad;
- Support development of new ways to communicate and connect with the increasingly diverse Global Irish, including business networks, non-traditional diasporas and alumni groups;
- Improve awareness and understanding of the emigrant and diaspora experience;
- Support business networks to connect Irish people to each other at home and abroad.
Applications are particularly welcome from organisations that have not applied before and/or new projects in geographic areas not previously assisted.
Practical workshops, including surgery and advice sessions for organisations considering applying for the Programme, will take place in London (Embassy of Ireland) on 17th January and in Leeds Irish Centre on 19th January - further details and booking available on www.irishinbritain.org.
Applications must be made online. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The closing time and date for applications is 5.30pm 15th February 2017.
Further information on the application and the workshops is available on the website of the Irish Embassy. You can also contact the Irish Community Unit, Embassy of Ireland, at 0207 201 1124.