- The resumption of short stay entry visa processing will resume from Monday, 13 September 2021. All remaining Covid-19 restrictions on entry visa and preclearance processing, which were brought in as a necessary interim measure to help reduce the spread of Covid-19, have now been lifted. Eligible short stay visas will, again, be endorsed with the letters ‘BIVS’, signifying access to the shared British Irish Visa Scheme.
- If you are unsure as to whether you require a visa/preclearance to enter Ireland you can check here by entering your nationality.
- All travellers arriving into Ireland must continue to comply fully with measures required by law including producing proof of vaccination, recovery from Covid-19 or a negative PCR test to Immigration Control at their port of entry. Latest information can be found on the Irish Governmentwebsite.
- In order to manage your travel expectations, please be aware of our current processing times. Requests for expedited applications cannot currently be considered.
Government advice on travel to Ireland
Latest advice on travelling to Ireland is available on the Irish Government website. A ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ (FAQ) document about the impact of COVID-19 on Immigration and International Protection in Ireland has also been published and can be found here.
VFS Check & Verify Service / In-depth Verification Service
When submitting their application to VFS, all long stay applicants resident in India, are advised to avail of the VFS Check and Verify Service. Long-stay applicants resident in Nepal should available of VFS In-depth Verification Service. Failure to do so can result in your application being refused.
These are add-on services, that allow VFS staff to perform pre-checks and initial validation on supporting documentation. This provides peace of mind to the applicant and the visa office alike, ensuring that the documentation submitted is of the highest quality.
- Applicants resident in India can avail of Check & Verify when they apply online. Further information is available here.
- Applicants resident in Nepal can avail of In-depth Verification when they submit their application to VFS Kathmandu. Further information is available here.
Please note: All long stay applicants must submit a current Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) with their application. When submitting your original documents and passport to VFS, only colour copies of any original documents and passport which is not in A4 format is required. There is no need to provide colour copies of any other documents unless they are torn, crumpled or creased.
All applications for Preclearance for Lay Volunteers, Ministers of Religion and De Facto Partners of Critical Skills Employment Permit holders/Hosting Agreement holders/Irish Nationals are now made through the online applications system AVATS. Further information is available on the Irish Immigration homepage.
Countries that we process visa applications for: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Maldives, Sri Lanka
Embassy Visa Office Opening Hours: Visa applications are made via Visa Facilitation Services (VSF) Offices.
Embassy Visa Office Phone Lines: The Visa Facilitation Services (VSF) Offices operate phone lines on behalf of the Irish Embassy.
Please note that current processing times for tourist visas are approximately 3 weeks. Processing times vary depending on type of visa and nature of application.
Current single entry visa fee: INR 5,300
Current multiple entry visa fee: INR 9,000
Current transit visa fee: INR 2,225