Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

I want to revert to my maiden name – what documents do I need to submit with my passport application?

If you've been using a married name and want to revert to your maiden name on your passport, you need to apply for a new passport.

You need to submit:

  • Your previous passport
  • Your birth certificate
  • A judicial separation court order, separation agreement, or divorce decree
  • Your original civil marriage certificate

Otherwise, you will need to submit two official documents that show you've been using your maiden name for two years.