With immediate effect from Saturday, 8th of May, 2021, all travellers arriving from Jordan to Ireland are no longer required to undergo Mandatory Hotel Quarantine in Ireland following their arrival.
Covid measures in Jordan
- Daily Curfew operating from 11pm-6am for citizens as of May 13,2021.
- Arrivals from Ireland to Jordan no longer need to take a PCR test on arrival in Jordan if they provide proof of vaccination.
- For full suite of travel restrictions into Jordan, please see our updated travel advice here.
As part of a wide range of travel measures announced on 26 January 2021, and in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, visa-free travel to Ireland for nationals of South Africa and all countries in South America was temporarily suspended. Nationals of these countries are currently required to be in possession of an entry visa or transit visa, as appropriate, for travel to Ireland, regardless of where they reside, or the purpose of their travel to Ireland.
In addition, the Department of Justice has temporarily ceased accepting new visa/ preclearance applications globally, with the exception of certain priority and emergency cases.
The Government Advisory against all non-essential international travel remains in operation. Travel restrictions are in place to protect public health and to mitigate the risk of new variants of COVID-19 entering the country. Details of these measures are available on the travel section of the www.gov.ie website. The strong advice is that everyone, regardless of their nationality or visa/preclearance status, or where they started from, who cannot provide proof of essential travel, should not travel to Ireland.
If your travel meets the strict criteria for essential travel, you may, in certain very limited circumstances, apply for an Irish visa. For further information on the priority and emergency criteria, please see the website of Immigration Service Delivery.
If your application meets the priority/emergency criteria, please contact the Embassy or Consulate directly, so that you can be guided through the application process, and advised on how to submit your documentation. We would draw your attention to the fact that COVID-19 restrictions are severely affecting visa processing times.
Please note, all passengers arriving in Ireland must:
- complete a COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form
- provide evidence that you have a negative or ‘not detected’ result from a COVID-19 Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test carried out no more than 72 hours before you arrive into Ireland, or have evidence that you are exempt from this legal requirement
If you are travelling from or via a designated state then you must also pre-book and pre-pay for a place in a designated facility for mandatory hotel quarantine.
For emergency visa applications, please contact us directly so that we can guide you through the application process and advise you how to submit your documentation.
Further information can be found at:
- Embassy of Ireland’s website: Jordan - Department of Foreign Affairs (dfa.ie)
- Travelling to Ireland during a pandemic/Gov.ie: gov.ie - Travelling to Ireland during the COVID-19 pandemic (gov.ie)
- Visas: Home Page (inis.gov.ie)
- Mandatory Hotel Quarantine (gov.ie)