The Embassy of Ireland, Kuala Lumpur is seeking to recruit a housekeeper for the Official Residence of the Ambassador. This is a full time position, subject to a probationary period and will start as soon as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The precise range of duties may vary over time, but will include the following:
- Overall day to day maintenance of the Official Residence;
- Direct catering for representational functions at the Official Residence, and, from time to time as required, at the Embassy;
- Assisting with coordination and management of Mission external event managers/external caterers for specialised or larger-scale events as relevant;
- Liaison with all contractors, and service providers related to the residence in relation to all aspects of compliance, maintenance, health and safety, services etc; and
- Other official duties as directed by the Ambassador from time to time.
Essential Requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Candidates must have a high level of spoken English;
- Candidates must have previous professional experience in housekeeping, cooking and catering and provide relevant skills and/or qualifications;
- A strong work ethic and commitment to the role;
- Ability to be a self-starter, and yet work within a team; and
- All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Malaysia.
Terms and conditions of employment:
- The successful candidates will be hired on a permanent contractual basis following an initial probationary period;
- Monday to Friday, 45 hours per week;
- The starting salary will be MYR 38,405.63 per annum, paid locally on a monthly basis, inclusive of an additional 13th month paid at the end of each year. Salaries are paid direct to a bank account, therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account; and
- The position will often require out of hours work in the evening/at weekend and will be agreed in advance.
How to apply
Completed application letters accompanied by a CV (where possible) should be sent to The Personnel Officer, Embassy of Ireland, The Amp Walk South Block, 218 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur or via email at: email@example.com
Applications must be received before 17:00 hrs. (Local time) Thursday 13 October 2022
(No applications will be accepted after this deadline). Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Depending on the number of applications received, a short-listing of candidates to be called for interview may be undertaken based on the Essential/Key Requirements above;
- A skills test may be included in the recruitment process;
- A second round interview may form part of the interview process; and
- It is planned that interviews will be held in mid-October 2022.
Security Clearance for Local Staff
Police security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful, this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position, they will be required to supply this information again.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy of Ireland, Kuala Lumpur is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.