Team Ireland in Norway
- Promote Ireland's trade and investment objectives
- Promote Ireland's exports
- Promote Irish food, culture, heritage and tradition
- Promote Ireland as a tourism destination
Working with state agencies in Norway
The Embassy often receives queries from Irish companies or individuals about business in Norway. Once a query is received, we work closely with the relevant state agency to provide the best advice and assistance. We also seek out commercial opportunities for Irish businesses and key Irish sectors within Norway. With the assistance of the agencies we aim to:
- Support Irish companies who want to find and access new markets and help with resolving commercial difficulties where possible
- Provide general advice on doing business locally and, through our network of contacts, pursue export and investment opportunities that will benefit Ireland
- Work to secure market access for Irish products in key sectors
Working with the right expertise in relevant state agencies is part of our successful strategy.
The Irish Food Board, known as Bord Bia, acts as a link between Irish food, drink and horticulture suppliers and existing and potential customers throughout the world. Bord Bia has a network of overseas offices and is represented in Norway from their office in Stockholm. You can follow Bord Bia on Twitter.
Enterprise Ireland (EI) is the government organisation responsible for developing and growing Irish enterprises in world markets. Enterprise Ireland has an office in Stockholm from which it covers Norway. It also has a network of nine regional offices throughout Ireland and over 30 international locations. Follow Enterprise Ireland Nordics on Twitter.
Tourism Ireland markets the island of Ireland as a holiday destination overseas. It devises and implements world-class marketing programmes and provides industry partners with opportunities to market their own products and services alongside Tourism Ireland overseas. Tourism Ireland has an office in Copenhagen that covers the Nordic market. You can find Tourism Ireland on Facebook and also on Twitter.
IDA Ireland is Ireland's inward investment promotion agency. The agency works with foreign companies to secure new investment and collaborates with existing foreign investors in Ireland to help expand and develop their businesses. IDA Ireland covers Norway from its offices in London, Frankfurt and Paris. Follow IDA Ireland on Twitter.