- Embassy Team
- Opening Hours
- Closure Dates
Directions to the Embassy
The Embassy is located in Scheveningen which is the coastal area of The Hague (Den Haag in Dutch) and is accessible in 25 minutes by public transport from the The Hague’s main train stations Den Haag Centraal (CS) and Den Haag Hollands Spoor (HS). To plan your train journey to The Hague, please visit www.ns.nl or www.9292.nl
If you are visiting the Embassy for your appointment with the Visa, Passport and Consular Office or for the public office and deliveries, please follow the arrows to the correct entrance.
By Public Transport
- From Den Haag Centraal, take tram number 1 (direction Scheveningen Noord) to the stop (Duinstraat). The tram stops directly across the road from the Embassy.
- From Den Haag Centraal, take bus 31 (direction Scheveningen Noord) to the stop 'Frankenslag (Noord)' from where it is a 4 minute walk to the Embassy.
- From Den Haag HS, take tram 11 (direction Scheveningen Haven) to the 'Duinstraat (West)' stop, after which it is a 7 minute walk to the Embassy.
- Other routes are available but may require longer walking times or bus/tram transfers. To plan your journey or for more information including a time table, please visit www.htm.nl or www.9292.nl.
- You can use your public transport card (OV-Chipkaart) in the bus or tram or purchase an 2-hour ticket (€4) or day ticket (€7.10). Please be aware that bus drivers will not accept cash payments in The Hague. Please ensure that you have a debit or credit card or purchase a ticket with cash from the HTM Servicepoints at Den Haag Centraal or Den Haag HS before you go to your bus.
- Please be aware that it is rqeuired to wear a facemask on public transport in The Netherlands.
The Embassy is accessible by car by a number of different routes, depending on which route is taken on entering The Hague. To calculate the fastest route, please use a website such as www.anwb.nl or www.routeplanner.nl. Please note that parking is difficult in the area. Furthermore, please be aware that traffic diversions for cars are still in place due to work on the Scheveningseweg and that this may affect your journey. For more information (in English) please see https://bit.ly/2whzo4L.
General Enquiries: Monday – Friday: 10.00 - 12.30 and 14.30 - 17.00 (WEDNESDAYS - MORNINGS ONLY)
Visa Enquiries: Monday – Friday: 10.00 - 12.30 ONLY
In the event of a genuine emergency, you can also contact the Embassy outside of office hours by telephoning +31(0)70.363.0993.
You will be asked to leave a message on the answering machine. The answering machine is monitored regularly, and the Duty Officer at the Embassy will contact you as soon as possible.
When you leave a message, remember to state your name, the nature of the problem, where you are now, and the details of how the Duty Officer can contact you (e.g. leave your mobile phone number, or the phone number of the hotel/hostel where you are staying).
If necessary, contact the police.
Embassy closure dates 2021
The Embassy of Ireland in The Hague will be closed on the following days:
1 January New Year's Day (Wednesday)
17 March St Patrick's Day (Wednesday)
02 April Good Friday (Friday)
05 April Easter Monday (Monday)
27 April King's Day (Tuesday)
5 May Liberation Day (Wednesday)
13 May Ascension Day (Thursday)
24 May Whit Monday / Pinksteren (Monday)
27 December Christmas Day (Monday)
28 December - for St. Stephen's Day (Tuesday)