Vacancy - Administrative and Consular Section Embassy of Ireland in The Netherlands
The Embassy of Ireland in The Hague, The Netherlands is currently recruiting for the post of a part-time Administrative Assistant. The position is for one year with a probationary period of three months. The post carries no entitlement to civil service status.
Interested persons are required to contact the Embassy through the webpage contact address to request an application form. Please note that two work references will also be required.
Closing date is 12.00 midday on Friday 30th June 2017.
By submitting information electronically, parties accept that data may not be fully secure. Parties may alternatively send their submissions by post before the closing date to: Embassy of Ireland, Scheveningseweg 112, 2584AE, The Hague.
Any personal information submitted will only be used for its intended purposes and will be destroyed when no longer needed. Any other processing or disclosure of personal data is not allowed other than in the exceptional circumstances provided for under the Irish Data Protection Acts.
Summary of duties
As a member of a small team, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a range of tasks, including:
- Day-to-day administrative duties including financial administration;
- Front of office duties including dealing with visitors to the Embassy, phone and email enquiries;
- Communications with Dutch authorities and service providers;
- Provision of consular services and emergency assistance to Irish citizens, (may require some evening and weekend work);
- translation of news items or official documents from Dutch to English
- assistance in planning and organising of Embassy events such as cultural and promotional events.
Candidates need to meet the following requirements:
- excellent communication skills in English and in Dutch;
- a minimum of two years of work experience in administration;
- proficiency in standard computer software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Key competencies include:
- aptitude and ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a small team;
- strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise;
- ability to work independently and to deadlines, with attention to detail;
- a strong customer service ethic;
- efficient and results-oriented approach
Conditions of employment:
- Anyone employed at the Embassy of Ireland in The Hague is required to be legally resident and have permission to work in The Netherlands.
To request an application form please contact us through our website contacts page: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/the-netherlands/contact-us/
Deadline for applications: 12:00 midday, Friday 30th June 2017.