Finding the Consulate General
Consulate General of Ireland
345 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10154
The Consulate General is located on the east side of Park Avenue between 51st and 52nd Streets. There is also an entrance to our building on Lexington Avenue, between 51st and 52nd Streets. The closest subway station is 51st St Station, which is served by the 6 train. Lexington Avenue/53rd Street station is one block away and is served by the E and M trains.
Please note that, as with most large office buildings in New York City, photo ID is required to access the Consulate’s building.
Our office is open to the general public on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10am to 2pm. Our Passport Office is also open during this time. The Consulate is closed to the public on Wednesdays.
Our Visa Office is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays only, from 10am to 12 noon.
Our telephone lines are open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Consulate Closure Dates 2019
- New Year's Day US & Ireland: Tuesday, January 1
- Martin Luther King US: Monday January 21
- President's day US: Monday February 18
- St Patrick's Day Ireland: Monday, 18 March (Public Office Closed)
- Good Friday Ireland: Friday, April 19
- Easter Monday Ireland: Monday, April 22
- Memorial Day US: Monday, May 27
- Independence Day US: Thursday, July 4
- Labor Day US: Monday, September 2
- Columbus Day US: Monday, October 14
- Thanksgiving Day US: Thursday, November 28
- Thanksgiving Friday US: Friday, November 29
- Christmas Day US & Ireland: Wednesday, December 25
- St. Stephen's Day Ireland: Thursday, December 26