Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York
Since 1917, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York has been supporting New Yorkers in need, Catholics and Non – Catholics alike by:
- Protecting & Nurturing Children & Youth
- Feeding the Hungry & Sheltering the Homeless
- Strengthening Families & Resolving Crises
- Supporting the Physically & Emotionally Challenged
- Welcoming & Integrating Immigrants & Refugees
In 2017 The Emigrant Support Programme was delighted to support the Catholic Charities and provide funding for their Irish Outreach Project.
This project was established in 1987 and it provides frontline advice, counselling and support services to the Irish community in New York, including information and referral, immigration legal assistance, social services, pastoral services, maternity services, healthcare information and referral and general support for individuals, families and the elderly, including those in prison.
For more information on the Catholic Charities and the work they do please visit