How do I renounce my citizenship?
If you're an Irish citizen living abroad and you want to apply for citizenship of another country, you may need to renounce your Irish citizenship.
You can renounce your Irish citizenship if:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You live outside the State
- You are, or are about to become, a citizen of another country
You need to:
- Complete a declaration of alienage form
- Get your declaration witnessed (there's a list of acceptable witnesses on your form)
- Submit your form to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Tue, 15 Aug 2017 11:55:04 BST