Skip to main content

Can I apply for a passport at the Consulate while on holiday

I'm visiting the East Coast of the USA but normally live elsewhere; can I apply for an Irish passport while I'm here?

No, you must apply to the Irish Embassy or Consulate General covering the country or state that you are normally resident in.

You should only apply to the Passport Office at the Consulate General of Ireland in New York if you reside in the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware, West Virginia, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina or South Carolina - or if your passport is lost or stolen while visiting one of those states.