Visa Processing at the Embassy of Ireland - Information and Updates
*Visa applicants can expect to receive a decision on their visa application within 8 weeks from the date the application and supporting documents are received at the Embassy.*
Processing times for visa applications are dependent on the amount of applications currently in queue. To help avoid delays in processing, please ensure you submit a complete application.
For full details on how to apply for a visa, documents required, and all other visa information, please visit www.irishimigration.ie.
Applications are processed by date received at the Embassy and cannot be expedited.1
- Travel dates are taken into consideration, however, the Embassy cannot guarantee that a decision will be made by the intended travel date if less than the required processing time is given.
Due to the volume of applications received, the Embassy cannot confirm receipt of applications.
- Please refer to you postal/courier tracking number for delivery confirmation.
The Embassy does not provide status updates.
- Applicants will be contacted once a decision has been made on their application.
Incomplete applications will be refused.
Please ensure you allow enough time for your visa application to be processed.
- Single Journey - $100 CAD.
- Multiple Journey - $165 CAD.
- Transit - $35 CAD.
- Applicants should include a prepaid, self-addressed courier waybill or Xpresspost envelope with their application for return of original documents. Otherwise, an additional fee for return courier will need to be paid.
- Within Canada - $60.
- International - $150.
Proof of Payment
- Payment can be made by including credit card details with an application (name on card, card number, and expiry date). Alternatively, payment can be made via bank draft or money order made payable to the Embassy of Ireland (in CAD).
*The below documents are commonly omitted from applications. Please ensure they are included with all other required documents.*
- Any movement of funds (incoming or outgoing) greater than or equal to $1000 CAD should include a note about what the transaction was.
- i.e. - transfer to savings, credit card payment, payrool, mortgage or rent payment, etc.
Proof of Travel/Medical Insurance
- The Embassy requires proof of travel/medical insurance showing coverage for your time in Ireland.
All visa applications should be sent to
Embassy of Ireland
130 Albert Street
1 For emergency visa applications, please contact us directly so that we can guide you through the application process and advise how to submit your documentation.