Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

What should I do with a deceased person’s passport?

You can return their passport for cancellation with a copy of their death certificate to:

Embassy of Ireland, Suite 1105, 130 Albert St., Ottawa, ON, K1P 5G4

If you would like the cancelled passport to be returned to you, please enclose a note requesting this together with an addressed envelope.