Ireland and Iceland
Ms. Cliona Manahan Ambassador to Iceland participated in June 2015 in the National Day Programme in Reykjavik, and MFA programme outside the capital.
To coincide with the Icelandic national Day, Ms. Cliona Manahan Ambassador to Denmark, who is also accredited to Iceland, undertook a programme visit, and participated in a meetings in Reykjavik and the programme outside the capital organised by the MFA.
In addition to engagements involving the President, Prime Minister, Foreign Minister and Head of the EU Delegation to Iceland, the Ambassador met with:
- The Vice President of the Nordic Council;
- The Director of the Icelandic Travel Industry Association;
- The Director of the Central Bank of Iceland;
- The Deputy CEO of Iceland's National Power Company.
- The MFA programme included a visit to Keldur, Gunnarsholt HQ of the Soil Conservation Service of Iceland (UN University); Landsveit area close to Mount Hekla and Hydro Power Plants; Þjóðveldisbær reconstructed Viking age farmstead; Hjálparfoss waterfall; Skálholt Cathedral; and Sólheimar Ecovillage.