SENIOR HEALTH AND NUTRITION PROGRAMME MANAGER
Irish Aid is the Government of Ireland’s programme for development assistance. Ireland’s bilateral programme in Ethiopia is managed by the Irish Aid team at the Embassy of Ireland.
The overall goal of the programme is to reduce the vulnerability of the poor. This will be achieved through four programmes designed to:
- Strengthen Processes and programmes that contribute to improved maternal and child health and nutrition
- Support social protection systems for enhanced food security and resilience to crises
- To diversify and improve livelihoods for chronically food insecure women and men
- To improve governance and accountability in the delivery of basic services for the poor
Irish Aid Ethiopia seeks a Senior Health and Nutrition Programme Manager to lead the implementation and further development of Irish Aid Ethiopia’s (IAE) strategic multi-sectoral response to maternal and child malnutrition.
The Senior Health and Nutrition Programme Manager will actively manage and develop Irish Aid’s Health and Nutrition partnerships and, as a senior member of the programme team, contribute to the evolution of Irish Aid’s wider cooperation programme in Ethiopia. The post requires in-depth experience in field level programming, technical knowledge in health and nutrition and research skills. The central-most competency required is the evidence of the effective management of donor funded programmes in Ethiopia, including grants to Government, donor pooled funds, CSOs and other development institutions.
The Senior Health and Nutrition Programme Manager reports to the Deputy Head of Development tasked with leading on the Health and Nutrition Objectives. There are two direct reports to the Senior Programme manager, these are a Programme Officer and a Field Office Manager.
Terms and Conditions
Remuneration offered will be as per the Irish Aid Programme Manager Scale which starts at: Euro 2,474.00 gross per month.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A degree in a relevant technical area, preferably supported by relevant post graduate qualifications (e.g. MPH)
- A strong understanding of the Health and Nutrition Sectors in Ethiopia
- A relevant professional qualification in a related field (e.g. Master’s in Public Health or Nutrition)
- At least five years working at a managerial level within either health and nutrition sectors in Ethiopia or elsewhere
- Practical experience of project cycle management processes and systems
- Evidence of effective networking; including influencing policy and processes
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to monitor results, as well as an understanding of funding flows and an ability to interpret and provide feedback on financial reporting data generated by large scale complex programmes and aid modalities with Government Partners
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good I.T. skills
- Evidence of effective file and knowledge management
- A willingness to travel frequently, often to remote areas
- Excellent written and spoken English; evidenced by examples of sole author reports, research or proposals
Applications should be made using the Application Form provided. Please be aware that only applications submitted using the Application Form will be appraised. CVs and other testimonial documents will not be considered.
For an application pack please:
- For email address, please refer the local newspapers (The Reporter on the 5th of February and on Daily Monitor advertised Saturday – Monday, February 4 – 6, 2017)
Download it from the News & Events section of the Embassy’s website.
- Collect details from the Embassy of Ireland (Tel +251 5 18 05 00)
Completed applications should be submitted by close of business Friday the 24th of February 2017.
Applications are welcome from suitability qualified female and male candidates with permission to work in Ethiopia.
The Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and committed to selection on merit