Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme: Applications Now Open!
Announcement26 August 2020
Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme 2021/22: Applications Now Open
The Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme enables early to mid-career professionals from Ethiopia, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded one-year master’s level programme at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
In Ethiopia, the organisations listed below are invited to nominate 15 candidates for the Fellowship awards. Applications from other individuals will not be accepted. Applicants should note that they must be nominated by their organisations in order to be considered.
- Afar Region Food Security Coordination Directorate
- Afar Region Bureau of Health
- Afar Region Bureau of Women
- Agency for Refugees and Returnees
- Amhara Region Food Security Coordination Directorate
- Christian Relief Society
- Civil Society Support Programme (CSSP)
- Conciliation Resources
- Ethiopian Investment Commission
- Ethiopian Civil Society Coalition for Scaling up Nutrition (ECSC)
- Ethiopian Human Rights Commission
- Ethiopian Social Accountability Programme (ESAP)
- Forum of Federations
- Human Rights Council
- Job Creation Commission
- Ministry of Finance and Economic Cooperation
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Oromia Region Food Security Coordination Directorate
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Peace
- Ministry of Women Children & Youth
- SNNPR Region Food Security Coordination Directorate
- Somali Region Food Security Coordination Directorate
- Somali Region Bureau of Health
- Somali Region Bureau of Women
- Tigray Region Food Security Coordination Directorate
- Tigray Bureau of Agriculture
- Tear Fund
- Self Help Africa
- Spiritan SCORE organisations
- Save the Children
The application process consists of three stages:
- Stage 1 Preliminary Application (expression of interest)
- Stage 2 Detailed Application
- Stage 3 Interview
Full guidance on the application process, including Embassy of Ireland in Ethiopia contact details, and eligibility are found in the Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme 2021-22 Stage 1 Guidance Note. Please read the Guidance Note carefully before applying, as eligibility criteria may differ from country to country.
All applicants who are selected to go forward to second stage will be required to sit an IELTS exam, unless they are already in possession of an IELTS certificate (dated 2019 or later) which shows the applicant has achieved the necessary score for the course they intend to apply to. Early preparation for the IELTS exam is strongly advised, even for native English speakers.
How to apply
To apply for an Ireland-Africa Fellowship, you must complete the application form and send to the Embassy by email (email@example.com), including supporting documents as outlined in the above Guidance Note.
For any queries related to the application process, please use the above cited e-mail address. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Embassy is not currently accepting visitors.
Application forms and further details are available from the Programme website: https://www.irishaidfellowships.ie/strands/ireland-africa-fellows-programme.
Candidates should pay careful attention to the eligibility criteria laid out in the Guidance Note. Please note that the closing date for Stage 1 applications is strictly Sunday 13th September 2020.